Hellloooo… this might sound a little odd, but I like getting to know myself. Wait, I will explain. What I intended to say is that I love answering unique and different questions about myself as it makes me think of traits in me that I wouldn’t normally think of. I came across a self questionnaire online, so I decided to share some my answers with you loyal readers. I believe it is crucial at times we take time aside and just get to know ourselves a little more. Try it yourself as a little experiment, I promise you will love it.
- What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
Saz, Sazi, Saza, Sazo, Sazuwaga (only dad) and I love them all. I love my name. I really do!
- What are people most surprised with when they first meet you?
This makes me laugh. Definitely how petite I am. I feel sometimes people get shocked when they first meet me, I don’t know why they expect me to look much taller and older.
- How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
The closest I come to doodling is a brainstorm of ideas.
- What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
By the time I go to bed I am so drained out I fall right to sleep. But if it does happen I am out of bed with a book or the laptop.
- How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it?
Depends if I have stuff with me or not. If yes then a good week, if not, I can’t last an hour.
- Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away?
Yes! Yes! Yes!! I have boxes and boxes and boxes of cards and letters from years and years back!
- Who is the biggest pack rat you know?
What’s a pack rat?
- When making an entrance in to a party, do you make your presence known? Do you slip in and look for someone you know? Do you sneak in quietly and find a safe spot to roost?
Ummm.. I walk in normally, say hi to those I know, give hugs and kisses then sit down. That’s about it. Not sure which of the above it falls under.
- What is your strongest sense? If you had to give one up, which would it be?
Of all the senses my sight is the strongest as I connect well with what I see and observe. Give up? Ummm… smell?
- How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
Hhhhh!! A funny one. Never thought of this question. Errrr… If I go out and need to put some makeup on then I look in the mirror. That’s about it.
- What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
Babies were born in a glass, then the glass was broken to take the baby out. I always questioned how they don’t get hurt when the glass it broken. Not sure where I got this thought from.
- What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
Chocolate. Sweets. Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate. In all its forms, makings and yeah….
- Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
Two people: Saza and Narin.
- What is the hardest thing you have ever done?
- Which animals scare you most? Why?
Dog phobia. Childhood memories.
- Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on?
- What is your idea of a great evening?
At home, some candles, gentle music, company of good friends alongside my partner.
- What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will?
I can be too sensitive sometimes.
- Are you a creature of habit? Explain.
I am not sure I get the question.
- Are you high maintenance? Explain.
No. Sometimes I wish I was. Be kind to me, respect my opinion, and my desires in life, say something nice and that’s it I am happy.
- When was the last time you really pushed yourself to your physical limits?
A few days ago when I decided to have a ‘healthy lifestyle’ and workout. Ouch it hurt!!
- Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends? Why?
Lots of acquaintances and a circle of close friends. Naturally after student life then work, you begin to know a lot of people, but I am very selective of the close ones in my life.
- Are you more inclined to “build your own empire” or unleash the potential of others?
Build my own, why unleash others?
- What’s a strange occurrence you’ve experienced but have never (or rarely) shared with anyone?
Can’t think of one.
- What do you think about more than anything else?
This changes from time to time, these days it is about settling down.
- What’s something that amazes you?
People. People of all different backgrounds, religions and places. I feel every person has a story, every person is special.
- Do you prefer that people shoot straight with you or temper their words? Why?
Hmmm. I prefer people to be very direct. I don’t like reading between the lines to know what they mean. However, when it comes to words, always with respect.
- Where’s your favourite place to take an out-of-town guest?
Qalat! More in particular Mam Khalil’s tea house (when he was alive) L
- What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself? Why?
Hhhhhh!! Shamefully a few things come to my mind, like ironing, vacuuming, washing and drying clothes. But I do all these things myself.
- Do you have a catchphrase?
Ummm…. Not sure. Can’t think of one right now
- What’s your reaction towards people who are outspoken about their beliefs? What conditions cause you to dislike or, conversely, enjoy talking with them?
I love those types of people. I think only people with a personality have views to express. I admire and respect everyone’s views, and I love them for having those views.
- How and where do you prefer to study?
At home, on the floor.
- What’s your all-time favourite town or city? Why?
- What are the top three qualities that draw you to someone new?
– Strong, vibrant personality
– Their ambitions and dreams in life (no wonder all my friends are all super ambitious)
– The way they treat those less privileged than themselves
- How has your birth order/characteristics of siblings affected you?
I am the eldest, wouldn’t have it any other way. Being the eldest I think you get a lot of attention, and hence, a lot of self confidence when you’re older. No?
- If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be?
There are many limitations in Kurdistan that make life more challenging. Sadly.
- If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
Wouldn’t change my name for the world.
- Do you believe ignorance is bliss? Why or why not?
It is. How relaxed would you be not to know about he world and its pains. Then again, if you didn’t no one will try to fix anything, right?
- What do you consider unforgivable?
- What do you dislike about people?
I dislike those who change because of their new job or because all of a sudden they are up the ladder.
- How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize?
Between me, myself and I, everyone is forgiven. I don’t know how you can live if inside you hold grudges against people.
- In what area of your life are you immature?
When I need to be mature, I am mature, and when I can be my inner child, then I bring out my inner child.
- What was the best news you ever received?
Thinking of it now, when my pregnancy test came back positive. Also, when I got a call saying my book is published.
- How difficult is it for you to be honest, even when your words may be hurtful or unpopular?
Very easy, but these days for some reason it is others who find it difficult to listen to your honesty.
- When did you immediately click with someone you just met? Why? What was the long term result? Conversely, are you close with anyone now that you really disliked at first?
My friend Saza, first time we met I loved her from the very first second, we have grown to share a beautiful friendship which I cherish closely to my heart. Very close.
- When do you find yourself singing?
In the car, in gatherings when everyone sings and I get in the mood, but my voice doesn’t help. No, doesn’t help at all. Neither does the fact I don’t know the lyrics of one full song.
- What is your policy on forgiveness?
Depends, the little things: Forgive, forget and move on. However sometimes in life you should forgive, but must never forget.
- What do you love
Such a big question. Let’s just say I love a lot more than I hate.
- Your dream right now
Soooooo many dreams. I want to open a private orphanage (and a nursing home too), an amazing school based on a unique way of teaching, that dream book shop and café, the library, my little cottage-like home and a lot of other little bits and pieces
- Places you want to visit
Bali, Indonesia; Italy, India; Thailand – anywhere there is a lot of culture to be discovered. If travelling can be a hobby then it’s the top of my list.
- Do you love yourself
Yes. I don’t think anyone can be happy if they don’t love themselves and who they are, including their flaws.
Last one: What is your dream job
Full time peer educator.